Few important factors in designing wordpress website
If you are looking to completely design, customize and optimize your WordPress website to its fullest potential, then there are several important factors that you should take into consideration while completing the project. For instance, does your website look as visually appealing as it could? Does it represent the face of your company’s image appropriately? Has it been customized in such a way that it will attract the right kind of potential customers to your business? To make sure that your site is optimized at full capacity, please continue reading forward for more details.
WordPress Web Design
Is your website responsive to the modern demands of today’s technology? Does it convert properly to mobile devices and tablets for ease of viewing? If your website has some updating to do, then it may be in your best interest to contact a professional WordPress Web Designer in order to help develop, and train you on the simplest ways to maintain it. In cases like this, it is almost certainly the smartest option to prevent any chance of missing out on significant implications that might be crucial to the overall functionality of your website. The operations in which WordPress Web Design are maneuvered are easy to understand, and simple to navigate. With the proper type of training, plugins, and tools, you will be able to create or upgrade your website to your readers delight. You will be able to beat out existing competitors, and attract and convert more leads in the process.
Important Factors (Pointers) in WordPress Web Design
There is not necessarily one specific set of rules to follow when choosing a design for your WordPress website. However, there are a few important factors that you should take into consideration when putting it all together. Here are a few basic guidelines to think through when doing so:
1. Font Choice- When you choose a font style for your website, you want to make sure that you are selecting one that best fits the personality of your website, and your business. For example, if you have a company that is centered around pets, like a dog washing boutique, then you may want to go with a font that appears to be more fun and eccentric. However, if your company is more geared towards the high end of the professional business field, such as a bank or a law firm, then perhaps a conventional or standard font would be more appropriate. Capturing the attention of your readers is done by creating remarkable content, as well as the context in which it is created. So be sure to choose carefully when deciding on your primary website font, as you will want it to display your company’s disposition as accurately as possible.
2. Color Scheme- Creating a site with appeasing colors will almost certainly attract more leads for you. That is, as long as the scheme is not too busy or overwhelming to look at. When a visitor comes to your website for the very first time, you do not want to confuse or annoy them with so much activity that they are inclined to leave just as quickly as they arrived. That’s why you want to go with colors that grab your readers’ attention, yet are still subtle and easy to digest. They should coincide with the entire ambiance and overall feel of your website. As a basic rule of thumb, select 2 to 3 main colors that represent your company’s image, in addition to either a black or darker gray colored font.
3. Image Selection- Whether they are pictures of your projects, the location of your facility, or the company’s staff and team members, images can either make or break the overall response that your website gets. You want to make sure that the quality of the images displayed are of the lowest resolution possible in order to ensure optimum page functionality, and faster loading time.
4. Formatting- Perhaps the most crucial step of all is formatting the data in an appropriate manner. Once the color schemes are decided upon, the images are picked out, and the primary font is chosen, they should all be applied to each page on the website in the most efficient way possible. Each item should complement each other in such a way that your visitors are intrigued to stay, and find out more about you. Try to break up the context wherever necessary, because this allows for easier navigation and reading.
WordPress SEO Optimization
Most websites out there are discovered by people that had no idea that they even existed in the first place. So how is that even a possibility anyway? Well the answer is actually quite simple: Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the smartest way to advertise and promote a business, company, idea or product. That said, there are several very important factors that should be carried out appropriately in order for your business to be recognized and acknowledged in the world of internet marketing. In cases like this, it may be in your best interest to hire an SEO specialist, as the rules and regulations to rate high are continuously changing. So what may have worked to get your site ranking high 3 months ago, may no longer be efficient today. SEO specialists keep up on all of the frequent changes that occur with Google, Yahoo, Bing, and many other search engines. So they are able to help get your website up to its highest ranking possible, while continuing to keep it there.
WordPress websites are unique in the sense that they are structured in such a way so that SEO optimization is simple, and highly effective. WordPress SEO optimization can be completed by installing a few simple plugins, and activating them accordingly. Once the necessary plugins are fully operational, the overall customization can begin from there. For example, have you researched and chosen keywords that will attract new leads to your website? And if so, are they implemented correctly? Do they reflect in the headers, page addresses, and appear naturally throughout each page’s content? Are any existing images labeled correctly, and is there enough whitespace added throughout? Basically, when a potential new lead enters a topic into their browser’s search engine, are they going to come across your website and be delighted? Or will they quickly leave because there is no relation to what they are searching for and what you are offering? WordPress SEO optimization is a very simple tool to maneuver, yet it does require some basic training and knowledge about how it works. The more you are able to understand about WordPress SEO optimization, the better you can wield it to work to its fullest potential for you and your business.
WordPress Theme Customization
Just like people, most websites are very different from one another. Where we all have similarities that connect us as human beings, we also have many other differences that alternate us from everyone else, making us individually unique. What’s similar, is when you are designing and creating your WordPress website theme, you want to utilize the correct features that will make it stand out from all the rest. Doing so will help your potential leads to remember you better, and leave a lasting impression on them. WordPress theme customization plays a vital part in the overall response of a website. If you have hired a WordPress theme customization professional, then you may only need to give them a blueprint in which you are looking to have created, and they will take care of all the technicalities for you. However, if you are looking to do it all on your own, then it is essential that you gain some general knowledge of the basic operational system first. After doing so, the following guidelines can be taken into consideration in order to help better customize your theme:
1. Create a Child Theme- It is generally recommended that when doing any type of WordPress theme customization, that a child theme should be created first. It is called such because they are usually based off of a “parent” theme, in which they have inherited specific functions and styles.
2. Edit the style.css Files- Changing the website design is simple with the endless number of options that are available with stylesheets. When you apply the correct type of coding to them, it will allow you to make alternations to colors and schemes, text sizes and quality, adjust navigation tools, and many other designing tweaks and options.
3. Change the Link Style- There are a few different options to choose from when selecting a link style, but the more important links are the hover links, and unvisited links.
4. Utilize a Custom Coding System- Plugins are usually fast, cheap (if not already free), and easy to install. But if there are too many installed and they are all trying to operate at the same time, then they can make a website run slow and sluggish. Customizing a coding system is a good way to avoid that problem.
5. Customize Your Design- If you are new to WordPress, then it can be a fairly intimidating process when you’re just getting started with theme customization. However, there are so many benefits involved when it comes to creating your very own site design. Utilizing the child themes and style.css files allows you to build remarkable websites, and grow increase your visitor count.
WordPress websites are among the most commonly utilized platforms on the web today, and there is a very good reason for it. When customized to full potential, they are fast, efficient, visually appealing, and visitors can navigate through them with ease. If you would like more information about customizing and updating your existing WordPress website, or if you need help crating one, please feel free to contact us today.
June 17, 2019
June 17, 2019
January 19, 2018